Am I Eligible For A Scholarship?
To be eligible for scholarships, you must:
- be a graduating senior from an East Texas high school
- attend an accredited college or university for the next two consecutive semesters beginning with the coming Fall semester
- pursue a degree in an agriculture discipline
- maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- submit a completed scholarship application
- not have any family members on the Board of Directors or Scholarship Committee
How Do I Apply?
In order to be considered, you must follow these five steps:
- Submit completed Scholarship Application
- Submit a personal Statement (one page) that addresses the following points:
- Explain your long-range educational and career goals in agriculture.
- Describe any school and/or community service activities.
- Describe your most significant challenge or accomplishment and explain its value to your life.
- Describe any circumstances that may affect your family’s ability to provide for you college education.
- Submit a sealed letter of recommendation from a non-relative i.e. teacher, employer, clergy.
- Submit an official high-school transcript.
- Submit a Counselor’s Verification Form
How Are Decisions Made?
Scholarships are intended to encourage and support capable students with interest and potential for completing a course of study in agriculture. Information is drawn from the application, transcript, personal statement and recommendations. The Selection Committee considers a variety of factors including but not limited to academic achievement, involvement in extra-curricular or community service activities, educational goals, motivation, and in some instances financial need.
How Will I Be Notified?
Recipients will be notified by mail no later than June 30.
Notification will not be sent to applicants who are not selected for an award. Applications will remain on file throughout the academic year for further awarding should additional funds be available.
What Else Should I Know?
- Scholarship award is for $1,000.00 and is divided equally ($500.00 ea.) over two consecutive semesters.
- Recipient must maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA and reegister for a minimum of (12) credit hours per semester to receive forthcoming awards.
- All application materials must be submitted together by the applicant.
- Awards will be credited to the student’s college bill. If awards exceed the bill, the Business Office will issue a check to you.
- Applicants may be asked to personally interview for select scholarships.
- The personal statement must be typewritten and include the applicants name and social security number.
- The Application Form must be typewritten and include the applicants name and social security number.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for scholarships.
A complete application will include:
- Complete and signed Application Form
- Personal statement (one-page maximum)
- Counselor’s Verification Form
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official high school transcript
- A recent wallet-sized photograph
Deadline: April 15
Please return application packet to: East Texas Farm and Ranch Club Scholarship Committee P O Box 2515 Lindale, TX 75771